Low environmental impact measures
One of the aims of the Hotel Presidente is to leave a better world for our children and the next generations.
We respect the environment and our society and we strive to make it a better world. We believe that more than words, our commitment is demonstrated by deeds: these are the low environmental impact measures carried out at Hotel Presidente:
- Solar photovoltaic panels for obtaining electricity.
- Lighting with LED technology bulbs throughout the hotel.
- Presence detectors in corridors to control lighting.
- Chargers for electric cars with free charging to promote environmentally friendly transport.
- Centralised management of air conditioning temperatures throughout the building.
- Domotisation of the building to control electricity consumption and detect faults or excesses.
- Purchase of food from km0 or local markets.
- Waste management: separation of waste into glass, cardboard, organic waste and packaging, as well as the installation of litter bins in communal areas.
- Sustainable building: orientation of rooms to achieve maximum number of daylight hours.
- Efficient construction: Insulation of rooms to avoid heat or cold losses and save on air conditioning costs.
- Chlorine-free pools: we use a hydrolysis system for disinfection and avoid the use of chemical products.
- Water savers on the taps and showers in the rooms.
- Taps with cold start system in the bathrooms of the rooms. Boilers are only activated if they are necessary.
Cisterns with double flushing system according to need.
- Taps in common areas and kitchen with automatic start/stop system.
Water pre-heating systems to save energy in boilers.
- Small orchard and fruit trees in the gardens.
- Natural vertical gardens, green areas in swimming pools to minimise the CO2 footprint.